Holdheide Academy is Cherokee County’s most complete childcare center: both an accredited Preparatory Preschool and Modern Montessori school. It is our biggest joy is to allow children the freedom to find and follow their individual passions. Howard Gardener said it best, “We need to focus on the kind of human beings we want to have and the kind of society in which we want to live.”
– We Believe in a strong curriculum combined with a loving environment.
– We Believe that no two children learn in the same way, or at the same rate, therefore every child is moved up through the classrooms according to their individual developmental and social readiness, not necessarily their age.
– We Believe that each child has potential, therefore our curriculum is modified to accommodate each child’s specific learning style.
– We Believe in education, not babysitting, therefore we offer a full academic program (8:15 am – 4:15 pm), with clearly defined subjects presented in hands-on learning centers using fun, game-like activities.
– We Believe in a well-rounded education, therefore we offer Spanish, as well as studies in various styles of music, art, architecture and literature, including author and illustrator studies.
– We Believe in your kids, therefore we get to know them in amazing detail and move them according to their own readiness, not by simple age standards as other daycare centers and preschools do. Holdheide’s attention to every detail of our Woodstock Preschool and Modern Montessori program allows children to find success.
Our Woodstock School is Designed for Excellence
- Our classrooms were designed by a Child Psychologist who chose developmentally appropriate color schemes
- Occupational Therapists selected our toys to integrate sensory motor skills; our wooden toys are European-crafted
- Fine/gross Motor Specialists designed our amazing, age-appropriate playgrounds
Preparatory Level Learning
- We offer a low student-to-teacher ratio (4:1 during learning centers)
- Our award-winning curriculum – from infants to 2nd grade – includes daily language and math readiness, science, music, and art
- Our Modern Montessori program is unique in Cherokee county
- All upper classrooms are lead by certified, tenured teachers
- Ours is the only Cherokee county preschool owned and operated by a master educator
- We offer fun and educational field trips to the Children’s Museum, Fernbank, Fox Theater, High Museum of Art, and more
- Guest speakers share different cultures: a Japanese Tea, Zulu Naming, and Navaho Native American Eagle ceremony
- Our children enjoy shows from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, puppeteers, musicians and storytellers
Safety & Comfort
- Ten (10) video cameras run continuously to monitor our childcare center
- Entry is computer controlled and each family is allowed entry utilizing fingerprint technology
- Toys and Teethers are dishwasher sanitized, never sprayed with chemicals
- Snuza Baby Movement Monitors protect our babies 6 weeks through 4 months
- Exclusive Lice Prevention Program featuring Glop & Glam Hair Products
- All classrooms feature heated carpeted areas
- Our center features a school-wide water and air filtration systems that run 24/7,
- Infant rooms are protected twofold by a second, individual water and air filtration system
- Misting systems in our playgrounds reduce summer temps by up to 20 degrees
- We provide transportation to ballet, karate, piano and other lessons, as well as doctor and dentist visits
- We offer fresh, healthy food including hormone-free milk, breads, granola, fresh fruit, vegetables and organics
- We are centrally located in Cherokee county on Old Hwy 5 in Woodstock/Holly Springs
- We are conveniently located 1 mile from I-575 at Exit 11 in Holly Springs/Woodstock
- We have the added safety of a stop light for entering and exiting the learning center
At Holdheide Academy, our commitment to give your child the best possible start in life. Contact Us Today to tour our Woodstock Preschool and Preparatory Learning Center, or call 770-516-2292.